[kepler-users] Fwd: CFP: Ptolemy Miniconference, Oct. 16, 2015, Berkeley

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 30 16:38:46 PDT 2015

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	CFP: Ptolemy Miniconference, Oct. 16, 2015, Berkeley
Date: 	Mon, 30 Mar 2015 16:37:45 -0700
From: 	Christopher Brooks <cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu>
To: 	ptolemy-hackers <ptolemy-hackers at lists.eecs.berkeley.edu>,
kepler-users at kepler-projector.org

http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/conferences/15/call.htm

  Call for Ptolemy Miniconference Poster and Presentation Abstracts

Ptolemy Miniconference
Friday, October 16, 2015
Berkeley, CA
|http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptconf|

    Call for Abstracts

Please submit proposals for posters and presentations to ptconf15 at
ptolemy dot eecs dot berkeley dot edu
*by July 31, 2015*.

Eleventh Biennial Ptolemy Miniconference will be held on Friday October
16, 2015 at the Bancroft Hotel Great Hall near the University of
California, Berkeley campus.

The Ptolemy project (http://ptolemy.org) studies modeling, simulation,
and design of concurrent, real-time, embedded systems. The focus is on
assembly of concurrent components.

The Ptolemy Miniconference is an opportunity for research collaborators
and Ptolemy users and extenders from industry, academia, and government
to get together, present their work to the Ptolemy community, and hear
about related research and results. It is typically held every two years.

In addition, the miniconference will act as an annual meeting for the
Center for Hybrid and Embedded Software Systems (CHESS,
http://chess.eecs.berkeley.edu).

At Miniconferences in the past we have had presentations and posters
from organizations worldwide, plus members of the Ptolemy project
describing current research at Berkeley.

The focus of the 11th Biennial Ptolemy Miniconference will be how
Ptolemy supports the Internet of Important Things. In particular, we are
interested in:

  * Swarmlets and Accessors
  * Machine Learning and Big Data
  * High Level Architecture
  * Functional Mock-up Interface (FMI)
  * Time as a first class citizen in hardware, networking and computation
  * Safety and Security of Cyber Physical Systems
  * Novel use cases of Ptolemy II or Kepler
  * Model-based design techniques
  * Concurrency models
  * Applications of concurrency to multicore and distributed computing
  * Code generation for embedded systems
  * Model engineering methods
  * Models of computation
  * Workflow infrastructure
  * Model transformation
  * Model verification
  * Semantics of models
  * Performance evaluations
  * Comparisons of model-based design tools
  * Integration of multiple design tools
  * Static analysis of models
  * Provenance tracking techniques
  * Data visualization and data management
  * Visual syntaxes for models

If you have suggestions for posters and presentations, please send a one
page abstract to ptconf15 at ptolemy dot eecs dot berkeley dot edu by
July 31, 2015

Our plan is to have 20 minute presentations and a poster session. We
will also have 3 minute poster presentations. These are informal rapid
fire summaries of the posters. We encourage live demonstrations during
the presentations and posters. Due to time constraints, demonstrations
will not be possible during the poster presentations.

Please register
<http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/conferences/15/registration.htm> for
the conference. Registration will close on Friday, October 2, 2015. In
the past, the workshop has filled prior to the deadline, so we recommend
registering early.

Registration and presentation/poster instructions may be found at:
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptconf

Please direct questions to ptconf15 at ptolemy eecs berkeley edu

Academic Program Manager & Software Engineer  US Mail: 337 Cory Hall
CHESS/iCyPhy/Ptolemy/TerraSwarm               Berkeley, CA 94720-1774
cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu, 707.332.0670           (Office: 545Q Cory)