[kepler-users] Port parameter like "combo box" - do we have something like this in Kepler

Michal Owsiak michalo at man.poznan.pl
Wed Sep 24 12:57:53 PDT 2014

Hello Christopher,

> I may be confused here, but doesn't ChoiceStyle do this?
>
> http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptII8.0/ptII/doc/codeDoc/ptolemy/actor/gui/style/ChoiceStyle.html
>
> (BTW - About dynamic comboboxes, see:
> https://lists.eecs.berkeley.edu/sympa/arc/ptolemy-hackers/2008-07/msg00010.html)

This is something I am looking for, I will investigate it further!
Thanks for sharing this one.

> $PTII/bin/vergil
> http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptII8.0/ptII/doc/codeDoc/ptolemy/actor/gui/style/ChoiceStyle.html
> uses it in the AudioCapture actor:

When it comes to your sample file. In your png file, take a look at
"orred" parameter on the right to SDF director. This is exactly the
place I want to have values {7, 8, 9 } instead of just 7.

And I want to make sure that user will be able to choose from predefined
list instead of being forced to type the value.

Cheers

Michal

> SoundSpectrum.xml contains:
>> <entity name="AudioCapture" class="ptolemy.actor.lib.javasound.AudioCapture">
>>         <property name="sampleRate"
>> class="ptolemy.actor.parameters.SharedParameter" value="8000">
>>             <property name="style" class="ptolemy.actor.gui.style.ChoiceStyle">
>>                 <property name="8000"
>> class="ptolemy.kernel.util.StringAttribute" value="8000">
>>                 </property>
>>                 <property name="11025"
>> class="ptolemy.kernel.util.StringAttribute" value="11025">
>>                 </property>
>>                 <property name="22050"
>> class="ptolemy.kernel.util.StringAttribute" value="22050">
>>                 </property>
>>                 <property name="44100"
>> class="ptolemy.kernel.util.StringAttribute" value="44100">
>>                 </property>
>>                 <property name="48000"
>> class="ptolemy.kernel.util.StringAttribute" value="48000">
>>                 </property>
>>             </property>
>>         </property>
> The way this appears in the model is that
> $PTII/ptolemy/actor/lib/javasound/javasound.xml has similar code so that in
> Vergil, when the actor is dragged in, the choices appear.
>
> I'm not sure how this would work in Kepler.
>
> _Christopher
>
> On 9/24/14 11:36 AM, Ben Leinfelder wrote:
>> Hi Michal,
>> For use at runtime, you can present a combobox dialog that prompts for a selection and then outputs the selected value. Take a look at the Python examples distributed with Kepler to see if this will be useful for you.
>> -ben
>>
>> On Sep 24, 2014, at 11:28 AM, Michal Owsiak<michal.owsiak at man.poznan.pl>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Kepler team,
>>>
>>> I am looking for something that resembles combo box inside workflow.
>>>
>>> The idea here is that I define the parameter with values: {"a", "b", "c" } and then, I choose from one of these by right-click or click.
>>>
>>> Question here is. Do we have something like this in Kepler.
>>>
>>> Our approach, now, follows:
>>>
>>> a = "some value"
>>> b = "some value b"
>>> c = "some completely different value"