[kepler-users] Ontology

Jianwu Wang jianwu at sdsc.edu
Fri Mar 1 09:17:11 PST 2013

Hi Stuart,

     Kepler uses OWL ontology language to describe relationships between
actors/components for the actor library. The owl files can be found in
your local kepler installation
($Kepler/common-*.*/configs/ptolemy/configs/kepler/ontologies/) or web
(https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/trunk/modules/common/configs/ptolemy/configs/kepler/ontologies/).

     I'm not sure what do you mean by "relationships between the
different components in a workflow". Do you mean the dependencies
between actors within a workflow? If so, I don't think we have ontology
descriptions for it since the workflow xml specification is already enough.

Best wishes

Sincerely yours

Jianwu Wang, Ph.D.
jianwu at sdsc.edu
http://users.sdsc.edu/~jianwu/

Assistant Project Scientist
Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT) Laboratory
San Diego Supercomputer Center
University of California, San Diego
San Diego, CA, U.S.A.