[kepler-users] How to specify arrayLength parameter in Array-to-Sequence Actor automatically

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Jun 21 08:36:16 PDT 2013

Hi Chen,
The SequenceToArray actor has a length PortParameter.
ArrayToSequence does not have a length PortParameter, the length is part
of the type of the input port.
However, in Ptolemy, ArrayToSequence has an enforceArrayLength
parameter.
http://sisyphus.eecs.berkeley.edu:8079/hudson/job/ptII/javadoc/ptolemy/domains/sdf/lib/ArrayToSequence.html
says:

> This actor reads an array at the input and writes the array elements
> as a sequence to the output. The parameter /arrayLength/ can be used
> to specify the length of arrays that the actor will accept. If the
> /enforceArrayLength/ parameter true, then if an input array does not
> match /arrayLength/, the fire() method will throw an exception. This
> feature is important in domains, such as SDF, that do static
> scheduling based on production and consumption rates. For other
> domains, such as DE and PN, the /enforceArrayLength/ parameter can be
> set to false, in which case the /arrayLength/ parameter will be ignored.

_Christopher

On 6/20/13 7:39 PM, Chen Zheng wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Now I am using the array-to-sequence actor to process an array
> contains several string items. How can I specify the arrayLength
> argument in this actor automatically?
>
> I tried to add a new input port and pass the length from array-length
> actor, but this array-to-sequence actor does not work in this way.
>
> Any suggestion?
>
> Kind regards
> Chen

Academic Program Manager & Software Engineer  US Mail: 337 Cory Hall
CHESS/iCyPhy/Ptolemy/TerraSwarm               Berkeley, CA 94720-1774
cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu, 707.332.0670           (Office: 545Q Cory)