[kepler-users] SDF fails with Select actor

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Feb 8 11:07:45 PST 2013

The Kepler-specific SDFDirector documentation in the kar file you
attached says:
> However, SDF workflows must be static. In other words, the same number
> of tokens must be consumed/produced at every iteration of the
> workflow. Workflows that require dynamic control structures, such as a
> BooleanSwitch actor that sends output on one of two ports depending on
> the value of a 'control', cannot be used with an SDF Director because
> the number of tokens on each output can change for each execution.

See also
https://lists.eecs.berkeley.edu/sympa/arc/ptolemy-hackers/2006-11/msg00012.html
and
http://sisyphus.eecs.berkeley.edu:8079/hudson/job/ptII/javadoc/ptolemy/actor/lib/Select.html
http://sisyphus.eecs.berkeley.edu:8079/hudson/job/ptII/javadoc/ptolemy/actor/lib/BooleanSelect.html

_Christopher

On 2/8/13 2:03 AM, Artur Szostak wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could someone explain to me why the the attached workflow (BranchTest) fails with the SDF director when trying to run it the first time, but succeeds the second time you hit the run button? It complains about full queues. But I don't see how this is possible looking at the firing schedule.
>
> Any help in understanding this is much appreciated.
>
> Kind regards.
>
> Artur

ph: 510.643.9841                                (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 cell: 707.332.0670