[kepler-users] composite actor with PN crashes kepler

Tom Parris parris at isciences.com
Wed Feb 6 10:22:38 PST 2013

Dear kepler-users:

I am having a problem with composite actors an PN.  I have attached
two simple workflows that demonstrate the issue.

merge-test-compositeV2.kar:  This is a simple workflow that embeds
just a non-deterministic merge into a composite actor.  It is a
convoluted way to count from 1 to 10, but serves to demonstrate the
issue.  This version of the workflow works as expected when it is run.

merge-test-compositeV3.kar:  This is basically the same workflow, but
embeds a bit more of the logic into the composite actor.  It looks
like this runs (at least partially), but then Kepler crashes (with no
additional messages to stdout).  So it's hard to know when the crash
occurs (during workflow execution, during post execution clean-up,
etc).

Operating system: Windows 7 Pro
Revision level:  31407
java version "1.7.0_11"

Any advice would be appreciated.  We are having other issues with PN
and composite actors as well.  More on that later.

-- Tom