[kepler-users] Command line custom actor

Albert Vilà Picas albertvilapicas at gmail.com
Tue May 29 09:05:13 PDT 2012

Hi all,

we have developped a new actor following the tutorial:
https://kepler-project.org/developers/teams/build/documentation/developing-a-hello-world-actor-using-the-kepler-build-system-and-eclipse

But when we make:
ant change-to -Dsuite=newActor or hello-world
ant run

Kepler is ok, we can instantiate our new component and it runs, but
we loose our provenance and reporting configuration.
How can we execute the workflow that contains the newActor with
-Dsuite=reporting ?

Now we have this error:

    [null] Kepler Initializing...
     [null] MC 17:56:08,533: [ERROR]: XML element "entity" triggers
exception. in http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/xml/dtd/MoML_1.dtd at line
76 and column 50
     [null] Caused by:
     [null]  ptolemy.kernel.util.IllegalActionException: Cannot find class:
org.customActors.NewActor
     [null] Because:
     [null] -- no protocol: org/perlscript/NewActor.xml
     [null] -- XML file not found relative to classpath.
     [null] --
/Users/albert/KeplerData/kepler.modules/org/perlscript/NewActor.xml
     [null]
/Users/albert/KeplerData/kepler.modules/org/perlscript/NewActor.xml (No
such file or directory)
     [null]  in http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/xml/dtd/MoML_1.dtd at line
76 and column 50 [org.kepler.objectmanager.ActorMetadata]
     [null] Command failed

Any idea about how to use our new component with reporting suite or how to
execute it by command line?
Thanks a lot!

--albert