[kepler-users] Using a StringParameter in Web Service Actor for the wsdUrl

Daren Thomas thomas at arch.ethz.ch
Wed May 9 04:02:40 PDT 2012

I'm trying to use a StringParameter to store the wsdUrl for a web
service I want to use with the Web Service Actor. Since I'm developing
the web service myself, I have two URLs: The debug version on my
development machine (localhost) and the release version on the
production machine.

Since I'm co-developing the workflow and the web service, I'd like to
be able to switch the URL easily. That's what parameters are for,
right? Well, it only half works:

It is possible to use a parameter for the wsdUrl field: In my case, I
entered ${MyWsdUrl}, closed the "Edit parameters for Web Service
Actor" dialog and re-opened it. And yes, I can now see the list of
methods exposed by that web service.

BUT: When I try to run the workflow, I get the following error
message: "WebService WSDL:${MyWsdUrl} Not Responding.

It seems, when running the actor, the parameters are not getting
replaced with their corresponding values.

Is this just a silly bug? Should I dig into the source send in a
patch? Or is it an already known issue that has been fixed in newer
versions (I'm running the stable Kepler 2.3 release)?

Regards,
Daren

--

Freundliche Grüsse

Dipl. Ing. FH Daren Thomas / Software Developer
thomas at arch.ethz.ch
Phone +41 44 633 75 15

Architecture & Sustainable Building Technologies
Prof. Dr. Arno Schlüter
ETH Zurich / Building HPZ / Floor G
Schafmattstrasse 32 / CH-8093 Zurich
www.suat.arch.ethz.ch