[kepler-users] About the string constant component in the Ecogrid workflow example.

ben leinfelder leinfelder at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Mar 30 14:18:45 PDT 2012

Hi Bina,
I believe Jing is out today (UC holiday), but I looked at your workflow and you're only using a string constant to pass the data file name to the Metadata Source actor. You can provide the data file name to this actor in many other ways. An upstream actor might create the data file, for example, and one of that actor's output ports could be the file name that it created. The Metadata Source actor would then use that value when it received it on the 'dataFileNameIn' port.
Hope that helps,
-ben