[kepler-users] Python execution within the Kepler Python actor...

Tomasz Żok tzok at man.poznan.pl
Mon Mar 5 00:14:34 PST 2012

Hi,

I am aware that this topic is few months old, but I would like to reopen the
discussion. It seems that the current version of Kepler is still not working
with Jython 2.5.2

First of all, I have my Kepler from trunk (with Ptolemy set to HEAD revision)
and it is up-to-date. Here is my Jython version:

$ java -jar ptolemy/src/lib/jython.jar
Jython 2.5.2 (Release_2_5_2:7206, Mar 2 2011, 23:12:06)
[OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (Oracle Corporation)] on java1.7.0_03-icedtea

However the actor ptolemy.actor.lib.python.PythonScript does not work. When I
try to instantiate it, I get the following error: (a more detailed log is
attached)

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/python/core/PyJavaInstance

>From the discussion I assumed there is a workaround implemented in Kepler to
use PyJavaType.wrapJavaObject instead of PyJavaInstance, but the error I get
indicates the opposite. So what is the status of PythonScript actor? Is this
update to Jython 2.5.2 supported?

Best regards,
Tomek

--
Tomasz Zok
Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center