[kepler-users] component gui

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun Jun 10 03:36:48 PDT 2012

Patrick,

There is an example in the ptII development tree that uses Python for
GUI work.
Bob Weber sent me a model that I folded in as
$PTII/ptolemy/actor/lib/python/demo/RecordManipulation.xml
I've attached the model.

The Ptolemy II development tree also includes a draft system for laying
out components
in a runtime window.  In the Ptolemy II development window, View ->
Interface Window brings
up a run control panel that is editable.

We stopped work on this when we submitted changes to the underlying
package and the author
said he was moving to Eclipse RCP.

To access the Ptolemy II development tree, see
http://chess.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptexternal

For information about Kepler and Python, see
https://kepler-project.org/developers/reference/python-and-kepler

There is also a thread at
http://lists.nceas.ucsb.edu/kepler/pipermail/kepler-users/2011-November/002044.html
about Kepler and Python.