[kepler-users] component gui

Patrick Janssen patrick at janssen.name
Mon Jun 4 17:54:44 PDT 2012

The GUI creation tools under the 'Configure Actor' (for creating custom
interfaces for setting actor parameters) are limited (for example, no
sliders, no drop down lists, no tabs, no free text, no layout constraints,
etc). In particular, I find this an issue when defining complex Python
actors with lost of different parameters. As a result, the interface can
end up being a bit unfriendly for the end users of my actors.

I am wondering -  what is the best way of overcoming this? Has anyone had
any experience creating custom GUIs for actors using either Java or Python,
for example using Swing or other toolkits?