[kepler-users] Problem with instance of String Replace class

Edward A. Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun Jun 3 11:43:33 PDT 2012

Apologies... This was my fault...

The error was kind of interesting.  PortParameter had a
method

public void setContainer(Entity entity)

which was intended to be an override.  But the base class
method is:

public void setContainer(NamedObj entity)

So the method in PortParameter was never actually invoked.
I changed the type signature, and that revealed that the
code in the setContainer() method was not actually correct!

Marten has pointed out that this type of error would
be avoided if we used the @Override tag ...  We should
do that...

I've checked in a proper fix that also includes our
changes to PortParameter. Hopefully this doesn't introduce
new errors (I don't see any new ones on my tree in $PTII/ptolemy).

Edward