[kepler-users] External metadata-repository plug-in?

Bina Philip binabhas at umail.iu.edu
Thu Jan 19 08:37:57 PST 2012

Hello,

I am currently working on extending the features of a metadata repository
that the data to insight center at IUB came up with. I am trying to explore
the possibility of a way in which I can pull out metadata out of a kepler
workflow (this can be either the output that the workflow generates or the
metadata related to the workflow itself) and push it inside XMCCat which is
basically a metadata repository.

Currently this repository supports FGDC schema as well as LEAD (a project
that was undertaken a couple years back) metadata schema. Could someone
kindly point me in the direction that could give me an idea of where a good
starting point might be? I would like to know how I can start exploring
this in terms of developing a code such that this can be made possible.
What aspects must I consider here? Please let me know.

Best

--
Regards,
Bina