[kepler-users] PortParameter

Ali, Muhannad muhannad.ali at student.kit.edu
Mon Jan 16 18:13:52 PST 2012

problem solved! - if anyone interested in it, don't hesitate to ask ;)

On Jan 16, 2012, at 7:46 PM, Muhannad Ali wrote:

Well, I'm providing as attachment my CompositeActor code (which doesn't work properly) along with the model that should use it.
Ideally the output should be:
"
Hello muhannad
Hello ali
no input
"

but what I get is:
"
Hello muhannad
Hello ali
Hello nothing
"

any help please?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Muhannad

On Jan 15, 2012, at 10:49 PM, Muhannad Ali wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to develop a Composite actor with a PortParameter (let's name it: myPort) so that I can provide the input through an external actor (e.g. StringConst) and at the same time take benefit of the attributeChanged method every time the input changed in order to do some internal works.
>
> Would you help me please to understand how I should update the port expression's value whenever the input changes? I've tried myPort.setExpression(((StringToken) myPort.getPort().get(0)).stringValue()). But it did not work.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Muhannad

<PortParameter.xml><HelloWorld.java>