[kepler-users] Why doesn't "Listen to Actor" work on Kepler 2.2/2.3 for Windows?

Daniel Crawl crawl at sdsc.edu
Tue Feb 14 11:29:24 PST 2012

Hi Daren,

I get the same behavior with Windows 7. The error is the same for
both "Listen to Actor" and editing a Python script:

java.lang.NullPointerException
     at ptolemy.actor.gui.TextEditor.getBackground(TextEditor.java:144)
     at java.awt.Window.setBackground(Unknown Source)
     at java.awt.Frame.setBackground(Unknown Source)
     at ptolemy.gui.Top.access$1001(Top.java:141)
     at ptolemy.gui.Top$SetBackgroundRunnable.run(Top.java:1889)
     at ptolemy.gui.Top.deferIfNecessary(Top.java:247)
     at ptolemy.gui.Top.setBackground(Top.java:501)
     at ptolemy.actor.gui.TextEditor.setBackground(TextEditor.java:238)

Christopher, do you know what causes this?

Thanks,

   --dan