[kepler-users] Kepler -nogui execution without X11GraphicsEnvironment

Albert Vilà Picas albertvilapicas at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 11:27:24 PDT 2012

Hi all,

We're trying to execute Kepler from command line on a Server without -X
fordwarding.
Running kar workflows without display actors we have
a ptolemy.kernel.util.IllegalActionException:

     [null] Because:
     [null] Could not initialize class sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment
     [null] at ptolemy.actor.Manager.execute(Manager.java:485)
     [null] at ptolemy.actor.Manager.run(Manager.java:1159)
     [null] at ptolemy.actor.Manager$PtolemyRunThread.run(Manager.java:1689)
     [null] Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize
class sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment

1. Then, there is a special Kepler for a Server-side?
2. Can we disable the ptolemy java gui without JAVAFLAGS or
the -Djava.awt.headless=true for headless gui exec?
3. Maybe only redirecting the X11 DISPLAY to a null or fake xhost we can
solve it?

Thanks again,
--albert