[kepler-users] Iterating over Elements / Looping

Stefan Proell sproell at sba-research.org
Thu Apr 26 07:37:18 PDT 2012

Dear Tomasz,
thank you very much for your reply. I know the tutorial pages, but I was
wondering if there exists a
simpler way for retrieving a list of files and store the files located
at the URLs on my machine. I attached a screen shot of my current
attempt, which works but seems a bit complicated for performing a rather
simple task.
After using the DirectoryListing  Actor, I already have an array of the
URL-Strings. There also exists an ArrayElement-Actor, which I thought
would iterate over the elements by itself. What I needed to do was to
use a Ramp (for-loop) and a manually created index to iterate over the
elements in the ArrayElement-Actor. Is there a more compact solution?

I ask because in the workflow I try to design there are several
iteration steps, the depicted one is actual the easiest. When I have to
design such a complicated structure for every such iteration, the result
will be unreadable and hard to understand for other users.

Thank you very much in advance,
kind regards,
Stefan