[kepler-users] Kepler 2.3 and MATLAB

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 24 17:07:27 PDT 2012

Reimplementing the Matlab interface to use JNA instead of JNI directly
would mean that we would not have to have a separate Ptolemy/Kepler
Matlab-specific dll.  This *might* remove some of the platform
dependency issues.  JNA is released under the GNU Lesser GPL.  I've been
using JNA as an interface to C-based Functional Mock-up Unit (FMU) code
and it works well.

In theo

Another issue is 32 vs. 64 bit width.  Many tools (Dymola) are only
32-bit.   At least Mac OS X has a way of bundling both 32 and 64 bit
shared objects in one file.  I don't believe Windows has such a facility.

JNA would help us get out of the business of building shared libraries
for linux32, linux64, darwin32, darwin64, win32 and win64.

_Christopher