[kepler-users] Iterating over Elements / Looping

Stefan Proell sproell at sba-research.org
Tue Apr 24 06:34:04 PDT 2012

Dear Kepler Community,
I am rathre new to Kepler and I have a question regarding looping. I
searched the documentation and the mailing list archive, but could not
find a proper answer.

For a specific workflow, I need to fetch several files from a Web server
and process these. For this purpose, I use the DirectoryListing - Actor.
Fetching the URLs of the files works fine, but how would I iterate over
all the URLs for further processing? I would like to use the "URL to
File" actor, but how would I iterate over the elements/URLs I receive?
Is there an elegant way, or do I have to assemble (rather complicated)
loops just for going through all the elements?

So far I would use the Actor ArrayElement, but then I have to feed an
index variable to it, which I would have to iterate after each token.
This seems to be a bit of an overhead to me.

Thanks in advance,
Kind regards,
Stefan