[kepler-users] KAR Command line Fail running with parameters

Albert Vilà Picas albertvilapicas at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 03:00:53 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I have read in other e-mails that now is not possible to execute .kar
workflows with parameters?
We run a command line KAR with reporting layout added running -runwf -nogui
[-param value]*.
I have tried also with -runkar and I have the same error.
Is that a Ptolemy error that is not suitable? We're doing a great project
with Kepler
and is necessary to run command line kar wf changing the value of the input
parameters.

Here is the stack trace:

     [null] common tabpane configuration overridden by reporting
     [null] Ran additional initialization for module reporting from class
org.kepler.module.reporting.Initialize
     [null] loading: org.kepler.KeplerConfigurationApplication args:
ptolemy/configs/kepler/ConfigNoGUIWithCache.xml -runThenExit -epochs 100
/home/sbi/sbi-services/sbi-home/Temporal/MLRAlbert.kar
     [null] invoking: org.kepler.KeplerConfigurationApplication.main
     [null] Kepler Initializing...
     [null] Unsupported file type or connection not available:
file:/home/sbi/sbi-services/sbi-home/Temporal/MLRAlbert.kar
     [null] Command failed
     [null] java.lang.Exception: Failed to parse
"ptolemy/configs/kepler/ConfigNoGUIWithCache.xml -runThenExit -epochs 100
/home/sbi/sbi-services/sbi-home/Temporal/MLRAlbert.kar"
     [null]  at
ptolemy.actor.gui.ConfigurationApplication.throwArgsException(ConfigurationApplication.java:791)
     [null]  at
org.kepler.KeplerConfigurationApplication.<init>(KeplerConfigurationApplication.java:339)
     [null]  at
org.kepler.KeplerConfigurationApplication.main(KeplerConfigurationApplication.java:639)
     [null]  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
     [null]  at
     [null]  at
     [null]  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
     [null]  at org.kepler.Kepler.load(Kepler.java:445)

Note that with the same workflow.kar without parameters runs perfectly
keeping the results and generating the .PDF from reporting.
We need that the workflow must be a .kar and not an .xml

Thank you very much

--Albert