[kepler-users] Updating a local dataset connected to EML2 Dataset Actor

Michael.O'Connor at csiro.au Michael.O'Connor at csiro.au
Fri Apr 13 19:20:18 PDT 2012

Running v2.3 on Mac OSX 10.7.3   Fairly new to Kepler.

I'm trying to use the EML 2 Dataset Actor to read in a local copy (in a folder on my laptop drive) of a sample metadata (.xml) file using the EML 2.1.0 schema and a simple 4-column data (.txt) file.  I have checked the files using the http://knb.ecoinformatics.org/emlparser/ site, and both were validated.

Two problems:
i) If I change either file the Actor doesn't keep up with the changes.  It seems to revert to a cached version of the file as it was when I first specified it to the Actor (via the EML File: and Data File: fields in Configure Actor).
ii) I wondered about checking the "Check for latest version" checkbox.  However doing this generates an error dialog with the message "null Please enter a new value:"  I have to uncheck to stop the error.

If I create a new local copy of the metadata and data file after editing is completed, and connect those to the Actor it works (presumably a new local cache is made somewhere).

Couldn't find similar problems on this list; apologies if I missed something relevant.

Thanks,
Mike