[kepler-users] Following instructions on website for a clean Kepler/Eclipse Indigo build...

J. Marc Edwards marc.edwards at nimbisservices.com
Mon Oct 17 14:33:46 PDT 2011

> https://kepler-project.org/developers/reference/kepler-and-eclipse
All:

I'm following the "Detailed Instructions for Setting up Kepler under
Eclipse"

I am able to proceed successfully through all of the steps UP TO Step
8.6, but this results in errors.

I skip over to Step 9 and add the tools.jar and Eclipse re-compiles the
project with NO errors. So I think that Step 9 should be ahead of Step
8.  Please confirm.

I'm getting 15,560 warnings, of which the first 100 are listed as:

ArrayList is a raw type. References to generic type ArrayList<E> should
be parameterized.  The resource here is DirectedGraph.java in the
/ptolemy/src/ptolemy/graph path.

In researching this, I looks like a very benign warning, so I will
ignore this one.

I do see 1,789 Java Task FIXME comments, which in itself is a little
concerning.  These appear to be in the /ptolemy/source.  Any comments on
this?

Bottom line is that it looks like I have a clean build.  I can execute
the Run configuration suggested and the Kepler application does launch
successfully.

I decided to try a few actions in my local build to see if I saw the
similar behavior that I was experiencing with the ImageAttribute actor.
I wanted to update the ImageAttribute configuration but received the
following Exception when specifying a new image for this actor.  At the
same time, on the workflow canvas, the ImageAttribute actor seemed to
disappear.  Not that surprising considering the error message.

Checking for patches...
Building Kars...
Ran additional initialization for module core from class
org.kepler.module.core.Initialize
Ran additional initialization for module gui from class
org.kepler.module.gui.Initialize
Kepler Initializing...
INFO  (org.kepler.gui.KeplerInitializer:initializeSystem:164) Making
directory /home/jmarcedwards/.kepler/cache-2.1/cachedata/
INFO  (org.kepler.gui.KeplerInitializer:initializeSystem:164) Making
directory /home/jmarcedwards/.kepler/cache-2.1/objects/
INFO  (org.kepler.gui.KeplerInitializer:initializeSystem:164) Making
directory /home/jmarcedwards/.kepler/cache-2.1/RawData/
INFO  (org.kepler.gui.KeplerInitializer:initializeSystem:219) Table
KEPLERTEXTTABLES created
INFO  (org.kepler.gui.KeplerInitializer:initializeSystem:219) Table
CACHECONTENTTABLE created
INFO  (org.kepler.gui.KeplerInitializer:initializeSystem:219) Table
CACHE_SEMTYPES created
INFO  (org.kepler.gui.KeplerInitializer:initializeSystem:219) Table
KAR_LOCAL_REPOS created
INFO  (org.kepler.gui.KeplerInitializer:initializeSystem:219) Table
KARS_CACHED created
INFO  (org.kepler.gui.KeplerInitializer:initializeSystem:219) Table
KAR_ERRORS created
INFO  (org.kepler.gui.KeplerInitializer:initializeSystem:219) Table
KAR_CONTENTS created
INFO  (org.kepler.gui.KeplerInitializer:initializeSystem:219) Table
LIBRARY_INDEX created
INFO  (org.kepler.gui.KeplerInitializer:initializeSystem:219) Table
LIBRARY_ATTRIBUTES created
INFO  (org.kepler.gui.KeplerInitializer:initializeSystem:219) Table
LIBRARY_LSIDS created
INFO  (org.kepler.gui.KeplerInitializer:initializeSystem:219) Table
LIBRARY_SEARCH created
INFO  (org.kepler.objectmanager.library.LibraryManager:buildLibrary:338)
Building Library...
INFO
(org.kepler.objectmanager.cache.LocalRepositoryManager:scanReposForKarFiles:246)
Scanning Local Repositories for KAR files...
INFO
(org.kepler.kar.KARCacheManager:synchronizeKARCacheWithLocalRepositories:370)
The Cache was out of sync with KAR files in Local Repositories.
INFO
(org.kepler.kar.KARCacheManager:synchronizeKARCacheWithLocalRepositories:372)
The Cache has been syncronized with KAR files in Local Repositories.
INFO  (org.kepler.objectmanager.library.LibIndex:rebuild:255) Building
LibIndex...
*ERROR (org.kepler.gui.MenuMapper:getActionFor:295) Exception trying to
create an Action for classname: <org.kepler.tagging.TagManagerAction>:*
null (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.kepler.tagging.TagManagerAction)
*** Attempting to get ResourceBundle for SVG defaults ***
*** svgRenderingMethod = SVG_BATIK_RENDERING ***
*ERROR (org.kepler.gui.MenuMapper:getActionFor:295) Exception trying to
create an Action for classname: <org.kepler.tagging.TagManagerAction>:*
null (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.kepler.tagging.TagManagerAction)

Any thoughts on this error?

I am running Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers Version Indigo
Service Release 1, Build id: 20110916-0149
The OS on my workstation is Ubuntu 11.10.

Regards, Marc
--

J. Marc Edwards
Lead Architect - Semiconductor Design Portals
marc.edwards at nimbisservices.com
www.nimbisservices.com