[kepler-users] Are there any graphical INPUT actors in the community?

J. Marc Edwards marc.edwards at nimbisservices.com
Tue Oct 4 10:57:40 PDT 2011

Chris:

What I am thinking of is this...

I would like for a user to run a workflow "as is" with no modification.
As the workflow begins execution, a graphical window pops up, prompting
the user with a suite of fields that the user can then input text data
into.  The workflow can then process the user input, check it for
validity, perhaps then re-prompt the user to correct their input.  There
would be options where the GUI can check for certain files and use that
as input to the user fields or write out those files based upon the user
input fields.

I want to use this as a means for users to configure user parameters for
external applications:

     ...have a set of default parameters.
    ...have the the user input their own customer parameters for the
external application.
    ...write out a parameter configuration file that can be used on
subsequent runs of the external application.
    ...would like to have 8-10 configuration files that could be
selected from the GUI OR to run the workflow with a specific parameter
configuration file.

Regards, Marc

J. Marc Edwards
Lead Architect - Semiconductor Design Portals
Nimbis Services, Inc.
Skype: (919) 747-3775
Cell:  (919) 345-1021
Fax:   (919) 882-8602