[kepler-users] 3d geometry library

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Nov 3 08:13:30 PDT 2011

Hi ckw,
Kepler uses Ptolemy II as its computational engine.
Ptolemy II has an interface to Java 3D called the gr model of
computation, which is more of a 3D rendering facility than a library for
geometry, but it might have what you need.
Instantiating Ptolemy II Java 3D actors from within Kepler could be
tricky, probably because ptolemy/domains/gr is excluded from the build.
So, it would be best if you reviewed Java 3D and determined if it meets
your needs, then downloaded Ptolemy II 8.0 and tried to use the gr model
of computation.  If Java 3D meets your needs, then you could build
Kepler from source and then we could work on getting the Java 3D actors
to work within Kepler.

The Ptolemy II development tree includes a start on an interface to
Jogl, the Java OpenGL interface, but that code never worked, will not
ship in a release as it stands and could be removed at any point in time.

_Christopher

On 11/2/11 8:10 PM, kianwee chen wrote:
> Hi kepler users,
> Just like to ask around if there is a good computational geometry
> library to be use with kepler ? A good library that can perform
> geometry operation such as intersection, difference, union both in 2d
> and 3d ? Thanks
>
> ckw

ph: 510.643.9841                                (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 cell: 707.332.0670