[kepler-users] Kepler Memory Usage

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Mar 17 12:41:32 PDT 2011

Yes -- you can set the max heap size by giving "-Xmx4096m" as an argument to
the java command that you use to start kepler.  Set whatever  maximum heap
size you need, but also note that this may limit some memory-intensive
actors from working properly.  I presume that you are using a shell script
to start Kepler, so its a simple addition to that script.

Note that we have found some memory leaks with the released version of
Kepler, and that those are being fixed over the next couple of releases.  I
believe that some of the most pressing memory issues will be fixed in the
upcoming release, and that others will be folded in over time. Others on
this list may be able to provide more details about these issues and the
timeline for memory fixes.

Matt