[kepler-users] wrapping command-line tools

Luciana Gomes lgomes at inf.puc-rio.br
Fri Mar 4 12:51:11 PST 2011

Hello Matt,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

So, I was already executing BLAST using External Execution actor. But I'd
like to have a 'blast' actor that receives through ports the blast inputs
(database and input sequences). I've tried to customize the External
Execution actor adding a 'inputsequences' port, but I think this should be
a PortParameter type, so I can read it inside a parameter and put it in
the command line, so I'd have:

- a PortParameter called 'inputsequences'
- a Parameter called 'inputsequences'
- and the command would be: blastall -i $inputsequences

Would this work? I don't figure out how to add a PortParameter using
'configure ports' option.

Just some other doubts if you can help:

1- If I customize External Exec actor this way, how could I transform it
into another independent actor, with a new lsid?

2- I've made some changes in the actor and I've exported it as .kar. How
do I use this 'new' actor in other workflows?

3- Does this 'new' actor created in item 2 continue using the external
exec class, or is it loaded and called only using the moml exported?

4- How do I 'edit' an actor changing directly its code (java or moml?) ??

Thanks a lot,
Luciana