[kepler-users] Run kepler in command line

Matt Jones mbjones.89 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 13:43:00 PST 2011

Hi Fatemeh,

Kepler 1.0.0 is obsolete, and has been deprecated for a long time. You
should upgrade to kepler 2 (currently 2.1, but soon to be 2.2).

Nevertheless, I got an old version of kepler 1.0.0 up and running on windows
XP, and here's what I found.  First, in that version of Kepler, the
kepler.exe is only used to launch the GUI application.  If you want to use
it from the command line on windows you need to use "kepler-console.bat".  I
created a simple workflow that outputs to a file, and was able to run it
using:

kepler-console.bat -runwf simplewf.xml

When I did that, I saw some errors associated with the EcoGrid cache, but
the workflow still ran fine to completion.  By disabling the EcoGrid cache,
I was able to run it without errors using this:

kepler-console.bat -runwf -nogui -nocache simplewf.xml

Hope this helps,

Matt