[kepler-users] Provenance Recorder Error!

Josep Maria Campanera Alsina campaxic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 12:01:34 PST 2011

Dear all,
I've found this error when testing Kepler 2.1 (in Mac 10.6 and Mysql
5.2.31) with R-·D_plot.xml workflow in
KeplerData/workflow/module/r-2.1.0/demos/R. This error prevents me to
go further with Kepler right now since I cannot execute any workflow
with the Provenance recorder turned on. The installation was fine!

"ptolemy.kernel.util.IllegalActionException: RecordingException:
com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlDataTruncation: Data truncation: Data too long for
column 'module_dependencies' at row 1 in
.ProvenanceRecorder_Example_1.TOP Provenance Recorder"

Do I have to change the definition of the variable
"module_dependencies" in MySQL database, VARCHAR(100) or longer? Or
this is related to other issues? I haven't found any discussion in the
list. Any clue?

Congratulations for the new version of Kepler, it really seems an step forward!

Campa,