[kepler-users] How to run kepler Command Line tool to generate provenance data

Derik Barseghian barseghian at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Jan 24 11:31:39 PST 2011

Hi Madhavi,

Yes. The workflow must contain a ProvenanceRecorder, i.e. it must be saved from the GUI while using the provenance suite. Executions of this workflow will then write provenance data.

Additionally, if you would like your execution to generate a "run-kar" containing some metadata about the execution and a report pdf upon completion, from within the reporting suite you should create a report design from the Reporting view and save to a kar, set keepResultantRunKars true in reporting/resources/configurations/configuration.xml, and then execute from the command line.

There are a few ways to execute from command line. One is:
ant run-workflow-no-gui-server -Dworkflow=/Users/derik/KeplerData/workflows/MyWorkflows/yourWorkflow.kar

The resultant run-kar will be created in KeplerData/workflow-runs

Derik