[kepler-users] R installation for Kepler 1.0.0 on Windows

JOHNER Jean 066030 Jean.JOHNER at cea.fr
Tue Jan 11 11:07:41 PST 2011

Hello,

I am new to Kepler. Sorry if my problem has been overposted.

I first installed Kepler 1.0.0 on Windows XP from
https://kepler-project.org/users/downloads.

After opening the 00-StatisticalSummary.xml workflow in C:\Program
Files\Kepler-1.0.0\demos\getting-started and pressing the Run button, I
get the following message :

< There has been a problem launching the R application !

It may be that R is not installed on your system, or it

may not be on your path and cannot be located by Kepler.

Please make sure R is installed and the R command line

executable is in the path. For more information, see

section 8.2.2 of the KeplerUser Manual .>

Reading section 2.2.2 of the UserManual, we see :

5. Choose the packs to install: Base, R (2.6.2), Sources. The Base pack
is required.

The Sources pack contains the application source code which, if
installed, allows

you to build Kepler yourself. We recommend that you select all three
(the

default), which installs the Kepler software and source and R on your
system.

Unfortunately, only the Base and Sources packages are proposed in
kepler-win-1.0.0.exe.

So, I installed R-2.6.2 independently, added "C:\Program
Files\R\R-2.6.2\bin" to the Windows path and reinstalled Kepler.

But the above message is still there in the same conditions.

Questions :

1/ why is the R (2.6.2) package absent from the installation exe

2/ what is wrong in the above explained work-around.

Best regards.

Jean Johner