[kepler-users] Master-slave module

Jianwu Wang jianwu at sdsc.edu
Wed Feb 2 11:01:11 PST 2011

Hi Madhavi,

     MASTER-SLAVE is a separate module, which is only dependent on
Kepler. So you can add it into Kepler-2.0 or Kepler-2.1. In
'Tools->Module Manager', pick 'Kepler-2.1.0' suite from 'Available
Suites', pick 'master-slave-2.0.0' module from 'Available Modules'. Also
make sure 'master-slave-2.0.0' is on top of the 'Kepler-2.1.0' in the
left side.

     The master-slave will manage computing nodes by itself, not through
PBS job manager. So you have to start slave process on each computing
node  (via running startSlave.sh or startSlaveAsyn.sh) by yourself. So
it will be a burden if you want to use many computing nodes as slaves.

Best wishes

Sincerely yours

Jianwu Wang
jianwu at sdsc.edu
http://users.sdsc.edu/~jianwu/

Assistant Project Scientist
Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT) Laboratory
San Diego Supercomputer Center
University of California, San Diego
San Diego, CA, U.S.A.