[kepler-users] online samples

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Dec 12 08:53:03 PST 2011

Hi Patrick,
You might be thinking of SciencePipes at
http://sciencepipes.org/

For information about other Web-Based execution systems for Kepler, see
https://kepler-project.org/users/faq#is-there-a-web

As an aside, Edward Lee has recently been working on a way to export
Ptolemy II models to html.

The result is a series of html files with image maps that show the
parameters of actors via JavaScript as the mouse rolls over the actors.
Clicking on a plot brings up an image of the plot.  This is a way to
show a static run of a model.

The beauty of this system is that it is very robust.  It is simple and
the results will work for many years.  The downside is that it is not
possible to change parameters and run the model.

The code to export Ptolemy II models to html is under active
development, see ptII/ptolemy/vergil/basic/export/html.
Making this work for Kepler models would not be that hard.  The main
thing is that the code gets the ptolemy.vergil.basic.BasicGraphFrame and
then exports an image.  The Kepler BasicGraphFrame would need to be used.

Ptolemy II has had the ability to export models as Java applets and Web
Start files for many years.  Java applets are basically dead in the
water these days, but Web Start works reasonably well.  This code is in
ptII/ptolemy/copernicus/applet.   See
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptIIfaq.htm#CodeGen

Getting this facility to work under Kepler would require understanding
how to Kepler .jar files are laid out and modifying the applet facility
accordingly.

You can see examples of both methods at
http://ptolemy.org/modularSemantics

_Christopher

On 12/11/11 10:58 PM, kianwee chen wrote:
> you mean the example workflows in
>
> KeplerData/workflows/module/outreach/demos ? Its local to your own
> computer.
>
> kianwee
>
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Patrick Janssen <patrick at janssen.name
> <mailto:patrick at janssen.name>> wrote:
>
>     I am new to Kepler and have been going through all the
>     documentation, get familiar with how it works. A few weeks ago, I
>     remember clicking on some links somewhere that showed various
>     online samples of Kepler workflows. Not just an image - an actual
>     working sample, visible in my browser. Somehow I can't find those
>     anymore. Anybody know where these might be?

ph: 510.643.9841                                (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 cell: 707.332.0670