[kepler-users] Model Reference actor

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Dec 6 10:18:34 PST 2011

Hi Muhannad,

There is a ModelReference demo available in Kepler.
1. Start Kepler
2. Help -> Kepler Documentation
3. Quick Tour -> Complete List of Demos -> SDF -> Model Reference.

This demo is at
kepler/ptolemy/src/ptolemy/actor/lib/hoc/demo/ModelReference/ModelReference.xml
The demo uses uses VisualModelReference, which extends ModelReference.

In the Kepler sources, the demo at
kepler/ptolemy/src/ptolemy/demo/ExecDemos/ExecDemos.xml
calls
kepler/ptolemy/src/ptolemy/demo/ExecDemos/RunDemos.xml

ExecDemos.xml does not work in Kepler because it uses the vergil script,
but the RunDemos.xml
file uses VisualModelReference that extends ModelReference.

Take a look at the test models in
kepler/ptolemy/src/ptolemy/actor/lib/hoc/test/auto/ModelReference.xml
kepler/ptolemy/src/ptolemy/actor/lib/hoc/test/auto/ModelReference3.xml
kepler/ptolemy/src/ptolemy/actor/lib/hoc/test/auto/ModelReference4.xml

These models are online in
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptIIlatest/ptII/ptolemy/actor/lib/hoc/test/auto/

_Christopher