[kepler-users] Web Service with Array as Output

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Dec 5 10:57:47 PST 2011

Hi Huhannad,
I'm not at all familiar with the WSWithComplexTypes, so you would need
to supply a small test case.
Maybe someone else can help with this actor?

There are some notes about array lengths at
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptII7.0/ptII7.0.1/doc/ptII7.0.release.htm
search for " ArrayType changes surrounding length"

For general information about Arrays in the expression language, see
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptIIlatest/ptII8.0.1/doc/expressionsa5.htm

_Christopher

On 12/4/11 8:54 AM, Ali, Muhannad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to deal with the result of my web service, which is Array of String. I am getting failure:
>
> 1. when I use WSWithComplexTypes actor I get "ptolemy.kernel.util.IllegalActionException: ArrayToken(Token[]) called with a an array of length less than 1.  To create an array of length 0, use the ArrayToken(Token) constructor or the "emptyArray(type)" function in the expression language. The reason is that elements in ArrayToken must have a type."
>
> 2. I tried to use Web Service Actor instead, in this case I get Array Length always equals to 1 and when I try to display the elements of the Array I get: "Cannot identify the type instance of the result!".
>
> Any help please? Thanks!
>

> Best regards,
>
> Muhannad

ph: 510.643.9841                                (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 cell: 707.332.0670