[kepler-users] Actor ports and parameters

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Sep 7 10:19:29 PDT 2010

Hi Arwa,
Manager extends NamedObj.
Managers are usually put into a CompositeEntity.
See ptolemy.kernel.CompositeEntity for various methods that will tell
you what is in a CompositeEntity.

See http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptIIlatest/ptII/doc/codeDoc/ptolemy/kernel/CompositeEntity.html

To find all the instances of class Foo, below is some code that *might* work

NamedObj container = manager.getContainer();
if (container instanceof CompositeEntity) {
     List entities = ((CompositeEntity) container).entityList(Foo.class);
     // Then iterate through the entities . . .
}

You could probably avoid the instanceof check.

See the kernel chapter of the design doc for information about how to access
entities.  http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/Pubs/TechRpts/2008/EECS-2008-29.html

_Christopher