[kepler-users] HTTP Proxy Settings in Kepler 2.0

Timmons, Ryan P ryan.p.timmons at lmco.com
Sun Oct 24 12:14:04 PDT 2010

Greetings Kepler users,

I am having issues in a couple of areas.   One is the Tools->Module Manager, it cannot find any modules (such as the update from 2.0 to 2.1).
The other is with the Web Service Actor, it gives this message when I specify a WSDL:
Error evaluating expression: http://s3.amazonaws.com/doc/2006-03-01/AmazonS3.wsdl
  in .Unnamed1.Web Service Actor.wsdlUrl
Because:
Could not run WSDL parser.
  in .Unnamed1.Web Service Actor
Because:
Connection timed out: connect

Please enter a new value:

(Don't mind the AmazonS3.wsdl, was trying just anything to see if it works.  Confirmed using my browser that the WSDL exists).

I believe it is the proxy settings, as it's a laptop and when I take it home where there is no proxy the above items work.  Also I was able to use the Web Service Actor to invoke a WSDL service that resided within my corporate network.

I found this message from searching:
http://lists.nceas.ucsb.edu/kepler/pipermail/kepler-users/2009-March/001360.html
and tried launching from an edited kepler.bat along those lines, but did not resolve.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Ryan

Ryan Timmons
Software Engineer, LMSSC ATC
ryan.p.timmons at lmco.com