[kepler-users] Difference when getting result KAR

Josep Morer Muñoz josep.morer at gmail.com
Wed May 12 16:28:43 PDT 2010

Hi Derik. I have installed the last revision and I am now I am getting the
result KAR in the default directory. However, using the command line, the
report (PDF) is not generated. As before, if I execute the KAR using the GUI
I can get the result KAR with the report inside.

Am I missing something related to the configuration?

2010/5/12 Derik Barseghian <barseghian at nceas.ucsb.edu>

> Hi Josep,
> We didn't want users who don't know about this feature to unknowingly
> accumulate many KARs, using up disk space, so this was changed to be a
> configuration option. You may enable it by setting keepResultantKars true in
> reporting/resources/configurations/configuration.xml. Also note the wrp
> suite was deleted recently, the reporting suite now does everything wrp used
> to. You'll want to ant change-to -Dsuite=reporting and ant update. I also
> made a change to the provenance schema recently, so you'll want to delete
> your provenance database (provided you don't mind losing your provenance
> data!) after getting the latest changes -- rm -rf
> ~/KeplerData/modules/provenance) Let me know if you run into any problems or
> have any concerns.
>
> Derik
>

> On May 12, 2010, at 9:19, Josep Morer Muñoz <josep.morer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  Hi all,
>>
>> I asked in the past about this subject (and it was solved) but I am not
>> getting the result KAR (which contains the report) when I execute a KAR
>> using the command line. However, I can get the result KAR (in workflow-runs
>> directory) when I ran it using the GUI. Has the command line syntax change?
>>
>> I execute the workflow using this command:
>>
>> ./kepler.sh -runwf -nogui
>>  /home/urops/KeplerData/workflows/05-LinearRegressionProvenanceTEST.kar
>>
>> Any idea? If I use the GUI the result KAR appears in workflow-runs
>> directory.
>>
>> Thanks
>> --
>> Josep