[kepler-users] version of jena used in common module

ben leinfelder leinfelder at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Mar 10 14:01:14 PST 2010

Chris -
Sean Riddle has been working quite a bit with the sms/tagging modules
that use semantics and ontologies - he's probably the best person to
discuss this with. But I'm all in favor of upgrading ontology-handling
libraries whenever possible since it's such a rapidly evolving area.
Since the sms module is part of the kepler suite, we do need to
cautious about what side-effects can occur even if everything looks to
be forward compatible and compiles without error.
If you are developing your own ontology-enabled module, you can
certainly include newer jars that will override the older ones.
-ben

On Mar 10, 2010, at 1:53 PM, Chris Weed wrote:

> Yea, I think it's ancient. I was hoping to update this code to
> correctly pull in imported ontologies.
> Chris
>
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 4:47 PM, ben leinfelder
> <leinfelder at nceas.ucsb.edu> wrote:
>> My guess is it's of the same era as the rdf-api jar in that same
>> directory:
>> /common/lib/jar/sms/rdf-api-2001-01-19.jar
>>
>> Assuming that's actually a date stamp in the name.
>> -ben
>>
>> On Mar 10, 2010, at 1:06 PM, Chris Weed wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I was wondering what version is jena.jar in the common module used
>>> for
>>> the ontology code.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Chris