[kepler-users] saving workflow in eps format

Edward A. Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 1 16:43:03 PST 2010

Yes, GPL and AGPL are quasi-free software.

They impose constraints that source code must be included.
This makes certain uses of the software impractical, including
most commercialization efforts.  Sometimes, if you want your work
to have impact, you have to commercialize it. Would you argue that
MacOS hasn't had impact?  Would it have had the same impact if
Apple had to release the source code? Would Berkeley Unix have had
the same impact if Apple had not used it? BSD allows commercialization,
GPL (in effect) does not. Having more constraints makes it less free
than having fewer constraints, no?

Therefore, BSD is more free than GPL.

For this reason, we keep Ptolemy II free of GPL and AGPL code.
So it will have more impact...

Edward