[kepler-users] nil vs. null

Corinna Gries cgries at wisc.edu
Wed Jun 2 16:49:17 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am trying to run some simple range checks on sensor data coming from a
DataTurbine actor. I.e. filtering out those -99999 values and replacing
them with NULL. I have managed to replace them with nil and that works
well for graphing the data in Kepler, but I can't insert the data into a
database. The RecordAssembler seems to take 'nil' as a string. The
expression s.equals(nil)?null:s works in the expression evaluator (i.e.
returning object(null) when true) but returns always false when I put it
into an expression actor.

What am I missing here? The workflow is attached, although it won't work
because I have the DT instance running on my localhost.

thanks
Corinna