[kepler-users] Blocks to be called just once with SDF

BARANA Oliviero 208302 Oliviero.BARANA at cea.fr
Thu Jul 8 05:03:22 PDT 2010

Dear all,

I'm rather new in the use of Kepler and I'm not so expert about actors,
directors and so on.

I have the following problem.

I have a workflow (with a feedback loop inside) which is being executed
a certain number of times depending on the value of a certain variable.
When this variable is higher than a predetermined value, the Stop block
is called and the workflow ends.

I would like to execute a few blocks during the initialization phase,
just once, before the execution of my workflow, but I can't. The problem
is that these initalizing blocks are called each cycle and not once and,
since they are very demanding from a computing-time point of view
(access to a database to load signals), the overall execution is slowed
a lot.

Is anyone aware of a method to have a few blocks called just once,
keeping in mind that I am using the SDF director (I put 0 in the
Iterations field since, as I said, the overall execution is stopped by
the Stop block)?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Oliviero