[kepler-users] Is it possible to change the logging configuration file?

Derik Barseghian barseghian at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Feb 19 18:16:38 PST 2010

Hi Vincenzo,

The development head of Kepler, and hence the forthcoming Kepler 2.0,
allows users to keep their own configuration files for modules. These
are stored in ~/KeplerData/modules/[module]/configuration/
configuration.xml. However these files don't specify the location of
the log4j.properties file to use -- currently Kepler just uses the
log4j.properties file found in the installation directory of the
module with highest priority. I'll file an enhancement request for
this, it shouldn't be too hard, but it may take us a bit to get to as
we're trying to get bugs fixed so we can release 2.0 before adding any
new features.

I also tried a variety of stopgap solutions without changing the
codebase to either augment the classpath or send in the log4j jvmarg,
but I couldn't get this to work.

Derik