[kepler-users] How to install R

Peter Reutemann fracpete at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 21:40:50 PST 2010

> I have installed kepler (1.0) for fedora(ver. 11).
> But want to install R also.I have downloaded the R src file.

You have to follow the instructions that R supplies of how to compile
it from source.

> It would be of gr8 help if someone could guide me how to install it and use
> it with the existing kepler.

AFAIK, the R executable only needs to be accessible through your PATH
environment variable. I.e., the path with the R executable must be
listed in that variable.

NB if you install R as root user for all users on the machine, you
shouldn't need to update the PATH variable.

Cheers, Peter
http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~fracpete/           Ph. +64 (7) 858-5174