[kepler-users] Kepler, Matlab & Mac. How?

Jianwu Wang jianwu at sdsc.edu
Mon Feb 15 15:05:27 PST 2010

Hi Anil,

     So you have Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard and Kepler downloaded from
Kepler repository by instructions of
https://dev.kepler-project.org/developers/teams/build/systems/build-system/extension-build-system?
So your java and Matlab is also 64 bit?

     As far as I know, Mac 10.6 is 64 bit system and Kepler mainly
support 32 bit system. We met the similar problem when running Matlab
actor on a Mac Snow Leopard machine, which is because of the library
compiled in 32 bit system does not work with Matlab 64 bit.

    We got the lib working with 64 bit system (see attachment). Please
replace this lib with the one in $Kepler/common/lib/ptolemy/matlab/  and
try again.

    Please let me know whether it works for you. Thanks.

Best wishes

Sincerely yours

Jianwu Wang
jianwu at sdsc.edu
http://users.sdsc.edu/~jianwu/

Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT) Laboratory
San Diego Supercomputer Center
University of California, San Diego
San Diego, CA, U.S.A.