[kepler-users] Bug with saving actors to library

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Feb 1 09:00:38 PST 2010

Hi Tomasz,
Strange, I don't have "Save in Library" in my Kepler configuration
(see attached).

Are you running with a regular configuration?  My tree is fairly recent
and updated today.  I did "ant switch-to -Dsuite=kepler" to create the tree.
I have a slow connection today and tomorrow, so I can't check out a clean tree.
Would you have the opportunity to check out a clean tree and replicate the bug?

I do have "Save in Library" in Vergil when running in a Ptolemy tree
outside of Kepler.

I can't replicate the problem there either.

There could easily be a bug here, there have been issues with composites that
contain no actors.

_Christopher

On 2/1/10 8:41 AM, Tomasz Żok wrote:
> Hi Christopher,
>
> The problem occurred when composite actor was saved in a library, not in a KAR
> file. I selected the actor, clicked right button and chose "Save in library..."
> in the popup menu.
>
> Regards,
> Tomek
>
> On poniedziałek 01 luty 2010 at 15:49:31 Christopher Brooks wrote:
>> Hi Tomasz,
>> I can't seem to reproduce this.  I'm using the Kepler head under Mac OS.
>> I used "Save As (KAR)..." to save the composite and it has the
>> two relations and the link between them.
>>
>> I'm probably doing something wrong?
>>
>> _Christopher
>>
>> On 2/1/10 6:24 AM, Tomasz Żok wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've just discovered a bug with actor exporting. The process of saving an
>>> actor to library does not export connections between relations.
>>> Everything else is saved correctly (eg. port<->   relation, constant<->
>>> relation), but relation<->   relation is not exported
>>>
>>> To reproduce:
>>> 1. Create a composite actor
>>> 2. Inside it, create two relations (control+click)
>>> 3. Connect them and save this actor in the library
>>> 4. The connection between relations was not saved. When you put the actor
>>> from library, it is missing.
>>>
>>> I have tested in on Kepler 1.0.0 and on the HEAD update from svn
>>> repository
>>>
>>> In the attachment there is a workflow with only one such composite actor,
>>> containing only connection between relations. Please try to save this
>>> actor in the library and reuse it from there to observe the incorrect
>>> behaviour.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Tomek

ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 cell: 707.332.0670