[kepler-users] Type resolving problem

Tomasz Żok tzok at man.poznan.pl
Thu Aug 26 07:06:17 PDT 2010

Hi,

I've read the documentation about expressions, because what I need is to
concatenate two arrays of type: string. When I run it inside Expression
Evaluator I get:

>> t1 = {"a"}
{"a"}
>> t2 = {"b"}
{"b"}
>> t1.getType()
object(arrayType(string,1))
>> t2.getType()
object(arrayType(string,1))
>> concatenate(t1, t2)
{"a", "b"}
>> concatenate(t1, t2).getType()
object(arrayType(string,2))

This is correct and such behaviour is what I'd like to have. However in
Kepler, expression actor always returns type "general" after concatenation
no matter what are its input types. Because of this, I cannot run my
workflow as I get type resolve exception.

I tried configuring output port of expression actor with no effect. I
tried also to use cast() function, with no effect either. Last thing, I
cannot use Concatenate Arrays actor, because the number of arrays is not
known during workflow design - it is determined during runtime, so I must
do it in a loop.

Do you have any ideas what may cause the problem?

Regards,
Tomek

--
Tomasz Zok
Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center