[kepler-users] recommended way to link data from database query to R expression?

ben leinfelder leinfelder at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Aug 16 11:32:41 PDT 2010

Hi David -
I believe there are a few output options for the DB query actor. Tokens emitted from it can be sent directly to the R actor or they can be transformed using some of the other utility actors included in Kepler.
If you choose 'record' as the output type, I believe you will end up with a RecordToken (and then a data frame in R)
If you choose 'array' as the output type, you should end up with a list of RecordTokens.
If you first print your output to a Display actor, you will have a better idea of what kind of token manipulation you may need to perform in order to get exactly what you want.
If you get a sample workflow put together, please send it our way for with specific questions.
-ben