[kepler-users] Actor ports and parameters

Sean Riddle swriddle at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 10:55:28 PDT 2010

Yes, you can get to the attributes and ports in the initialize()
method (they're set up in the preinitialize() method, so I think
initialize() is as soon as you can use them. Tokens, though, should
all be sent after all actors have been fully initialized, so I don't
think there's anything before the fire() method that you can do with
tokens. I've attached an example below:

	@Override
	public void initialize() throws IllegalActionException {
		super.initialize();
		for (Object portObj : this.portList()) {
			IOPort port = (IOPort) portObj;
			System.out.println("port = " + port);
		}
		for (Object attObj : this.attributeList()) {
			Attribute att = (Attribute) attObj;
			System.out.println("attribute = " + att);
		}
	}

- Sean