[kepler-users] Plugin for 2.0

David Welker david.v.welker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 06:30:36 PDT 2010

You do not necessarily have to refactor your code itself. You may only
need to organize the code into a module (which is a folder that has
specified directories for src, lib, resources, etc) that is referenced
along with *kepler-2.0 in a new suite.

The details of how to make a module are in the build instructions:

https://kepler-project.org/developers/teams/build/documentation/build-system-instructions

Overall, this task should be fairly straightforward.

It is possible that your code itself will need to be refactored itself
to work with 2.0. It is impossible to tell. It entirely depends on
whether any of the APIs that your plugin uses have changed. Therefore,
there are no general instructions we could provide. It is possible
that no code refactoring will be necessary.

You could seperate the task of making a module with the task of making
that module compatible with 2.0. First, simple include your module in
a suite that references *kepler-1.0. After you get that working, you
know that you have structured your module correctly. You can then
change *kepler-1.0 to *kepler-2.0 to see whether or not any code
refactoring is necessary. Breaking this up into two stages like this
may not really be necessary however, as making your plugin into a
module should be fairly straightforward. It is up to you whether you
want to break the task into two stages or just do it all at once.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone